Pages

8/12/11

technicolour dreams

In my dream the other night, I posted on here twice. Which is strange, because I don't really update this a lot at all (in an attempt to save you all from spammed blog updates). I have lots of things that I've promised and have not really progressed that far with, so let's just ignore them.

click for full size

This is my first LBB entry. The assignment was to put our model on a white swing, with a solid background colour to match our model's underwear and to use accessories of a composite colour. I chose purple for my main colour and yellow for the accessories. I like how it turned out. I really wanted to use flowers, but the plait was an afterthought. It kind of reminds me of Rapunzel from Tangled.

I drew the swing myself. The rope was kind of difficult, but it came out well, I think. I won the round (squeee!!!), so it has to be pretty good!

click for full size

This is my second LBB assignment. We had to do a beach photo. I live pretty close to the beach, however sadly I'm not very fond of it, so instead I opted for sunbaking at a secret cove (I'm not much for sunbaking either, but oh well). I copied the swimsuit from one I found on Polyvore. Once I'd drawn the base, then clipped the pattern over the top, I added the frills from the original and shaded it.

My one big worry was that the background was too large compared to Delilah (my model). I really wanted to show the lighthouse and the ocean. I came in second this round, which I was very happy with, considering everyone else's entries. I love when the entries are posted, because eye candy is guaranteed!

LBB is fantastic. There are so many amazing contestants and the rounds are always fun and challenging.

I joined another contest called You Can "quote" Me On That. So much for my modelling break, haha... The idea of the competition is that you are given a quote, and must come up with an image inspired by that quote. This round our quote was:

"If we opened our minds to enjoyment, we might find tranquil pleasures spread about us on every side. We might live with the angels that visit us on every sunbeam, and sit with the fairies who wait on every flower." ~ Samuel Smiles

click for full size


I haven't done ingame shots for a while, so this was interesting. I know that flowers are sort of cliché, BUT IN MY DEFENSE, they went with the quote and I tried to give it a whimsical type of twist. For an ingame shot it has a lot of editing. My concept was that you need to open your mind/imagination and happiness will follow. The poppy represents imagination and dreams. It is the symbol of the Greek god Morpheus, the god of dreams (and the namesake of morphine...yum). This concept came about, obviously, because poppies are used to make opium which is used to make heroin.

I know too much about poppies and Greek gods.

2 comments:

  1. Your entry for Quote Me is stunning. Your entry was probably my fav for assignment 2 of LBB also ;)

    ReplyDelete